Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To all saiyan players

4 posters

Go down

To all saiyan players Empty To all saiyan players

Post  Aurzel Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Power levels and sensing them, assumingly since we're around the dragonaball/dragonball z crossover stage no saiyan has yet to learn how to sense power levels or to hide and raise their own power level. The first instance of that were Vegeta and Napa when they fought the z fighters and Goku as far as canon is concerned, so I should think saiyans shouldn't know about that stuff unless they visit earth or someone learns it on earth and comes back and teaches others.

Aurzel

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

To all saiyan players Empty Re: To all saiyan players

Post  ssj3 Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Yeah, it should be a technique that is attained when visiting Earth.
ssj3
ssj3

Character
PL: 1684

Back to top Go down

Post  Ldog2010 Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 pm

And also namek Since the earthling learn it from Kami and he is from namek and energy sensing and control is pretty much standard with every namekian

Ldog2010

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:59 pm

true, though namekians sense energy differently from humans, among other things they can sense if an energy is evil, something which none of the humans or saiyans seem able to do

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 am

It shouldn't be a technqiue really, it won't help one bit.
If a Saiyan wants to roleplay sensing it he should have a background story of how he learned to do that, otherwise it just won't make sense. (note the pun XDDDD)
In one of my posts in my personal saga Korn comes across a saiyan who can do that and although I didn't mentioned how he learned to do that I have that in mind that he is an experienced Saiyan that travels alot in space and probably learned it from one of the races he met and if I'll start roleplaying again and he will apear again maybe I will explain it in the story.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:25 pm

actually you're wrong about that korn, sensing can be crucially helpful in a battle
remember how sensing the opponent's energy was important for many characters (a few off the top of my head being):
freiza unable to sense or see goku hiding in a sand storm, therefore freiza's eye lasers all missed
and more generally being able to sense enemies when they're moving too fast for the other senses as mr. popo taught goku as a child

as it stands this has no use in the current combat system but it can do with a couple of tweaks

further without a scouter, no one would know where the battle was going on if we arrived on a planet where a saga or big fight was occuring

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 am

Aurzel wrote:actually you're wrong about that korn, sensing can be crucially helpful in a battle
remember how sensing the opponent's energy was important for many characters (a few off the top of my head being):
freiza unable to sense or see goku hiding in a sand storm, therefore freiza's eye lasers all missed
and more generally being able to sense enemies when they're moving too fast for the other senses as mr. popo taught goku as a child

as it stands this has no use in the current combat system but it can do with a couple of tweaks

further without a scouter, no one would know where the battle was going on if we arrived on a planet where a saga or big fight was occuring
People will notice the ground shaking, storms, and it'll be on the news or something lol
And thats what I said, it's kind of useless right now.
plus you could always rp your way in somehow. For example you were driving through the dessert when your car was blown away by an energy wave and your like "OMGZ evil doings!"
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:55 am

we can make it useful easy enough Very Happy

Aurzel

Character