Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andriods and stat raising/training

2 posters

Go down

Andriods and stat raising/training Empty Andriods and stat raising/training

Post  Some_weirdGuy Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 pm

So i was wondering about raising my characters stats. I know normally you would just do training and increase your stats that way, but because my guys an android training doesn't quite seem... fitting.

Should i just do the meditation training instead? (or the android equivalent of what would be meditation)

Also with the over 400 word bonus, how it gives +1 additional stat for each word, does that mean that if my training post contains 800 words i add over 400 points in stats to my character?
(sounds a bit excessive to me XD)

As for learning new techniques, do you just do a training post and then while gaining your stats you also pick a technique and learn it?
And if this is the conventional way, how does being an android effect this? (also it says on the android race description that you have android only techniques, what are there's? and also that you can buy techniques, which ones and for how much?)
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character
Race: Android

Back to top Go down

Andriods and stat raising/training Empty Re: Andriods and stat raising/training

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 am

You know some androdids like Cell actually get stronger from absorbing as well as from A.I that makes the androids learn new information, get stronger etc. +You can roleplay finding a scientist and forcing him into making you stronger and consider this as training.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Cell is a biological creation not a real android, so he doesn't count Razz

Before i was thinking that i could have done the reconstruction differently and counted that as 'training', but to late now so oh well.

Edit:
((Erm, you can't train and learn Bukujutsu at the same time =/))
:/
But it seems stupid to make a whole nother post saying 'and he also remembered how to fly while meditating'.
(especially considering that particular move has absolutely no combat purpose what so ever, I mean, i wasn't sure about it so i avoided making him learn a combat move, but considering it has no purpose to flying other than the 'e-penis' factor of being able to say you can fly, i thought i was in safe territory)

However speaking of which i have a suggestion here. Why don't you just have techniques have a 'word count cost'. That way you can either make a post dedicated solely to learning the technique, or you can create a training post and include X words on learning the technique thing in it to.

This just makes it less spammy and makes more sense. I mean, i'm training, why would i not become stronger just cause i'm learning a new technique? It would certainly take away from your physical training time, so you would get less stat increases, sure, but training is still training.

But if you still keep it as is then i guess i could just get rid of the flying (it was more an afterthought anyway, just as a catalyst for the storyline of my guy, so that i could have him leave the city quicker by saying that he flew out rather then walked)

Also, if i do more training should i just put it in the same topic? (again in the interest of not spamming up the forum)

edit: Also, what if i'm busy and can't post a day? can i make up the lost training time by posting a double training thing? (seen as you can only train once a day). Just cause i don't don't want to end up being left behind, everyone already seems to have such high power levels.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am

Well, maybe Bukujutsu doesn't have any certain purpose but it is needed for learning alot of other techniques. In the series, every one trained hard to learn how to fly and there was no physical training that could increase stats.

Some techniques are just too powerful or useful to be learned in addition to training. If you want to learn a technique that can't be learned with training just roleplay how you only learn the technique so you won't "do" uneffective training that won't increase your stats.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:42 pm

You could have a balanced 'word count cost' for different techniques.

also:
edit: Also, what if i'm busy and can't post a day? can i make up the lost training time by posting a double training thing? (seen as you can only train once a day). Just cause i don't don't want to end up being left behind, everyone already seems to have such high power levels.

(just cause you skipped over that bit)

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to add my stat increases. When do you think you could get around to adding them?
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 am

The ones who have a yellow start near their name
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character