Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quests? questions and discussion topic

3 posters

Go down

Quests? questions and discussion topic Empty Quests? questions and discussion topic

Post  Some_weirdGuy Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

**official quest questions topic**
Wink
((well i assume its better to use already made topics than create new ones, so i guess this can be the quest questions topic from now on))

Ok, so how do these work? In some you are fighting bad guys, but what are these bad guys stats? How do you start going on a quest? Basically i want to know everything i need to know about the quests.

Hey, You know how the official storyline threads should be coming some time, and i said i was hoping we would get to fight/meet characters from DBZ, maybe they could be included as part of quests? They are side stories so people can chose if they want to do the quests or not.

Your main storyline thread can then be about your own original villains that you've made, while we have the option of doing the quests on the side and meeting some familiar faces from DBZ.

What do you think of doing it that way?
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character
Race: Android

Back to top Go down

Quests? questions and discussion topic Empty future

Post  tristep Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 am

well sometimes i like to think goku jr used the dragonballs to revive new vegeta and goku and vegeta are already dead (maybe you can see them in other world lol)
tristep
tristep

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Quests? questions and discussion topic Empty Re: Quests? questions and discussion topic

Post  Some_weirdGuy Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Nah, it was already stated that this is happening during the events of dbz just in an alternate time line.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Quests? questions and discussion topic Empty Re: Quests? questions and discussion topic

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:33 am

Btw, I think the first saga will be switched to an easier villian rather then jumping into a battle with an entire empire which maybe the 2nd saga.
The 1st may be about one of Gero's androids. Android #4 maybe.

I most likley will add other characters in quests and remmember you can always roleplay with them by yuorself. For example there maybe some quest in the other world about villians who make some mess in hell and you are sent to defeat them so when you roleplay you can just say you meet a short purple alien and a lizard-like tall creature there (which ofcourse are Frieza and Cell). Because it is your own roleplay it doesn't effect others and some one else can roleplay meeting Frieza some place else.

Btw, quests don't have a certain PL and stats stated because it is up to you to roleplay the fight and every thing the comes with it.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

:/ thats not very good. Why bother RPing here if you're all just in your own separate worlds? Part of the whole point is that you are interacting with others and in a persistent world(by which i mean all in the same universe).

You might as well just open up a word document and start writing a story if its as you say and you have nothing to do with anyone else nre are even in the same 'universe' as them.

As for the first storyline, Yeah it might be a good idea to start on a smaller scale. I'm thinking storylines like the ones in Dragon ball rather than the ones in Dragon ball Z. We can build up as we go but to start with they should be smaller scale.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 am

Some_weirdGuy wrote::/ thats not very good. Why bother RPing here if you're all just in your own separate worlds? Part of the whole point is that you are interacting with others and in a persistent world(by which i mean all in the same universe).

You might as well just open up a word document and start writing a story if its as you say and you have nothing to do with anyone else nre are even in the same 'universe' as them.

As for the first storyline, Yeah it might be a good idea to start on a smaller scale. I'm thinking storylines like the ones in Dragon ball rather than the ones in Dragon ball Z. We can build up as we go but to start with they should be smaller scale.
Well how do you expect it to work then? If you have a quest with a certain thief in it, that has a name and PL and every body meet him then a player won't be able to do the quest if another player already killed or put him in jail in his own quest. That is why the quests contain only a brief explanation so every body could create their own adventure through it without depending on others.

If you want to communicate with others you could always fight them, roleplay together (post in the same topic) and travel together (like when there are more then one player in a spaceship)
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm

It should be that events in other peoples posts effect everyone(if they're large scale enough to do that). So for example if a super powerful bad guy emerges on namek in one persons thread that it would effect everyone on namek(or even other planets if its on that big a scale), meaning other people might join in to do their part against this threat.

Although that sort of stuff is more left to the saga topics. But things like when a quest is done that it is removed and replaced with some other quest. Or maybe using your example of in other world, say someone defeats a big bad guy in their thread, you might die and encounter that same bad guy stirring up trouble in hell and have to stop them.

Or on a more quest-related note, you could have 'specific quests' and 'generic quests', with specific quests being replaced once completed, while generic quests stay permanent (such as a generic 'criminal has stolen our crap, steal it back', where its left open so the same 'quest' could be done multiple times).

It would be good to have progressive quests. Don't you think it would be cool? having different side quests show up at different times.

You could probably just have a topic with the 'updates' of new quests and stuff to keep track of it all. maybe even a 'quest suggestions/submissions' section where people can post up side quest ideas and whatnot.

---------
And on the note of 'permanent quests', i would say that the same person can't do the same quest twice, it only makes sense, do you agree?
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 am

You really can't do the same quest twice XD
And if for example one will have an intense battle and a large enough scale it WILL effect others: the weather on the planet will change, earthquakes, lightining storms, cities destroyed etc. But this kind of things won't happen on a quest which is a small adventure for the player and only much later in the RPG.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down