Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excavation and Reactivation

2 posters

:: RPG :: Earth

Go down

Excavation and Reactivation Empty Excavation and Reactivation

Post  Some_weirdGuy Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:10 am

((ok, so i don't know everything about the world as you have it in the RPG, so i guess i'll just make some assumptions and base it off those))

"I think we've found something!" called Garry from site 3
"but its not what we expected..."
Professor Whyte straightened, dusting of her hands with a short sigh. She walked over to where old Garry and a few of the younger, more excitable scientists stood around the trench.
"well then, what have you found Garry?" she asked him. Garry stood up in the hole, pushing his hands against his back trying to stretch a kink out of it. Finally he looked up, adjusting his glasses and rubbing his bristly white mustache,
"why don't you step down and take a look Helen?". She stat on the edge of the trench, sliding down to stand with her head now at foot height of the other scientists standing around.

Garry indicated wordlessly at his finding. Helen Whyte bent down and using a fine brush dusted it off
"its... an arm?"
"well, part of an arm" replied Garry "part of an old andriod. Perhaps we should extend the trench and see if we can find more of this old chap? what do you say?". Garry had always been more interested in technology over archeology
Helen rolled her eyes "we're not here to dig up old robots Dr Undridge" she replied, in a slightly reproving manner
"please?" said Garry, a pouty expression coming over his elderly features. He already knew he had won, but it was an exchange the two of them were well use to by now, and he was not about to break with tradition.

Dr Whyte looked at the old man, one of her closest friends and colleagues
"but Garry, you are far to busy, the rest of the site still needs to be searched"
"one of the Jr's can take care of that" he said, waving his hand vaguely towards the few scientists who still hang around the find
"and then we have to move on to site 5" continued Helen, but a small smiley was taking purchase on her features
"you don't really need my help with that deary"
"you can't allow yourself to get to side tracked, if you can't find any more in the immediate area then you have to let it drop"
"don't worry, it won't be like last time, i promise" he said, a picture of sincerity and trustworthiness
Dr Whyte laughed "yeah right Garry, i know you, you'll find a few more pieces and say 'just a little more' and then 'just a little more' when you find a little more, and before long your little side project will be larger then the real project we have going"
Garry shrugged, and impish grin on his features. He pulled out a pipe and began to smoke it, it gave him a particularly sage appearance. Soon enough Dr Undridge was pocketing his pipe to get to work on his little side project, one of the other Jr scientists helping him with the excavation.

---------
"Well, that seems to be all of him" said Garry, hands in pockets looking at the exposed ruins of what was once an android
"Well, all that we can find. Seems fairly beat up unfortunately"
"Wow, he is exquisite, must have been in quite a battle... but my he is an advanced piece of equipment" Dr Whyte pointed to part of the exposed machinery
"Just look at all of that. A red ribbon andriod you say?"
"Yes, i believe he may have been created by Dr Gero, but i can't be sure, depending on when it was made it could have been created by any number of red ribbon scientists in their robotics department. But judging from the quality i'd bet he's a gero original"
"Well Garry, seems your side venture was worth it. Perhaps we could take it back to Capsule Corp's headquarters, they're funding our digs, maybe they'll have some use for him... better then taking back nothing" Helen sighed. The sites had been a bust, nothing worthwhile had shown up. Garry however seemed quite pleased with his little find, and although it had been rendered all but junk, perhaps this broken husk of an android still had some secrets to be uncovered.

((ok, so really my character hasn't actually come into it yet, but i'll post up the next bit when i get a chance))
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character
Race: Android

Back to top Go down

Excavation and Reactivation Empty Re: Excavation and Reactivation

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 am

((Good roleplay. I wonder whats up with the android lol ^^))
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 pm

"Remarkable" said Dr Briefs, more talking to himself than anyone else. His fingers rapped across the keyboard as various windows of text and data fell across the screen.

The remains of the android sat on a workbench. Even without its legs the android was atleast as tall as Dr Briefs. One part of its leg sat on the desk next to Dr Briefs computer. Other random pieces also lay around, the most recognisable of which was part of an arm.

However still many pieces remained unaccounted for. Wires and various tools were either plugged into the andriod or close at hand.
"truely remarkable" commented Dr briefs again, tapping some more keys then turning to arrange more wires. The andriod was semi-active, electricity running through some base circuts allowing a trickle of data to flow into the capsul corp computers. Much of it was gibberish, corrupt data that had been scrambled beyond recognition, but other pieces remained clear as ever.

"what are you working on Dad?" came a voice. Dr Briefs turned to see his daughter entering the room
"look what the expedition team bought in. You know the one that came to us for funding their research?" Bulma stepped forward to examine the contraption setting on the bench.

"they may not have found what they wanted, but this find is certainly interesting for me", he rolled back in his chair as bulma stepped forward to look at the data filling the screen
"wow"
"yeah, i'll say. For now he seems out of commission but- " he paused as the screen flickered. The lights momentarily dimmed. New code began running across the screen
"whats all this now?" said bulma, pulling up a seat and usurping her fathers spot. He peered over her shoulder at the lines of data coming over the screen.

They were distracted yet again however as the andriod behind them began to move. It started as a slight twitch, quivering on what was left of the arm. the head turned a bit, the destroyed eyes turning to them.
Both Dr Briefs and Bulma jumped back, momentarily startled. The machine was staring right at them, its piercing, eyeless gaze fixed in place.

They stood stock still for what seemed like an eternity, but was closer to a second or two. Suddenly they realised the machine wasn't moving, and the data had stopped flowing onto the screen.
"... well dear, seems we have a few ghosts in the machine" he said with a little laugh that eased the tension. Bulma waved her hands past the unseeing, destroyed optical apparatus.
"must have just acted some circuits with that last connection" continued Dr briefs, turning back to the computer.
"yeah... must have" whispered bulma, staring at the machine.

"Anyway, back to work. This old boy still has a lot of work to go. Truly a magnificent piece of machinery, more advanced than anything we've come up with"

((ok, so i guess in another post or two i'll have my character set up and ready to go. Again I assume Dr briefs, capsul corp, bulma, etc all exist. No reason why they shouldn't. Things just happened differently in this timeline, but the people still exist))
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 am

((Yeah they all exist so its good))
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 am

Progress was fairly slow on the andriod. Its complexity was overwhelming, and the extent of its damaged made it all the more difficult. Dr Briefs worked tirelessly, bringing in a couple of other scientists, and even his daughter helped out from time to time, (usually insisting that he get some rest, as most nights he would stay up late working on the android.)

This was one such night. The other two scientists had set of for home, but Dr Briefs sat examining various pieces of his robotic friend. Tama sat on his shoulder, the small black cat being a constant companion.
The cat gave a small meow, Dr briefs scratched behind its ear
"yes, i know Tama, I'm spending alot of effort on this machine. But can you blame me? We've learned more in these past 3 weeks from this android than we have in... well, ever. And blowing modesty out the window its safe to say we know quite a bit about robotics. But it pales in comparison to the genius behind this machine. Those red ribbon scientists were truly brilliant.
"talking to yourself again dad?" said bulma, stepping into the room. The cat made a meow of protest
"oh right, talking to the cat"
"she's a good companion..." replied Dr Briefs, "hey, love, can you past me those cables?"
"Sure. Hows it going with the robot?" said bulma, walking to look down at the machine on the bench.
"looks like you've been fairly bust putting the parts together"
"yes, i got the team who dug him out to go and look for more parts, unfortunately they didn't find much more. I've had to try and fabricate new ones, but without something to use as a reference I'm afraid they're not up to the standard of the original parts. Even with parts to use as a referencing duplicating them would be a colossal task."
Bulma looked over the new leg parts Dr briefs had made. The raw machine parts exposed as there was no outer casing to hide the machinery below. These were the only parts Dr briefs had made so far, leaving the rest of its body still broken

"so have you actually got him working? I mean i hate to dash your hopes but maybe you should make sure you can actually activate him before rebuilding his body. If its machine brain is completely fried then fixing up the body will be useless"
"uh, i was hoping you would say something like that. Now look at what your clever father was able to do" he plugged into a number of cables into the skull, other cables also connecting to the body. Data streamed up onto the screen and Dr briefs punched a few keys.

The machine stirred. An ominous whir and a grinding sound came from within the andriods skull. Its head turned
"hello again" Said Dr Briefs
"The reeEEPairs are n-not coMPleeeete" N2's voice trailed off, dieing down like a radio running out of batteries. As it spoke the damaged voice strained to work, sometimes the pitch came out very high, other times very low, giving emphasis on strange parts of a word and failing to pronounce some sounds.
"No, I'm not done fixing you just yet. I'm just testing some of your systems, and you needed to be turned on for me to do so"
The android did not reply at first, instead its head moved slightly again, what remained of the left arm twitched
"There IS aNOtherrr in tHE r-r-r-oom" the robotic, metalic sounded voice had a not of strain in it
"yes, we have my daughter in here" he told the android, "if you ask nicely she may even help, what do you say, hun?"
Bulma sighed "i suppose so" she replied in a resigned tone
"thANk yoU, "hUN"" repied the android, before its head sagged back to the side and the machinery within fell silent
"hm.. looks like he crashed again" said Dr Briefs, looking down at the now inactive android.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:35 am

(("tHANk yoU, "hUN" -lol XDD))
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Razz

---------
As repairs continued the andriod began to take shape once more. Dr briefs own machine parts worked to fill the gaps, reattaching severed parts of the andriods body. Its legs were now back together. The Left leg did not have much left, so nearly all of it from the top of the thigh down was new. The right leg was severed from above the knee, but the lower part of the leg had been recovered, meaning Dr briefs only had to craft a knee joint and part of the leg to bridge the gap between the pieces.
Sometimes as he worked the andriod would talk to him (when he had it activated of course), although most of the time it would fall silent as he continued his work.
"You are... lllucky my anti-tampering sssssystem was destroyyyyed. You would nnnnnnot have been... able to repair me had it rreeeeeeemained in... tact." Said the machine one time. Dr briefs had made good progress and its system was much more stable, its speech better than before, despite a good portion of its brain still missing
"i suppose it was quite fortunate" replied the doctor
"iinnnndeed, the explosive foooorce of the... bomb would have obliterated the eeeentire.... street" at this Dr briefs had raised an eyebrow
"any other little surprises i should know about?" but the android did not reply, which Dr briefs took to mean 'nothing important'.

As he worked the machine would occasionally become troubled, "i mmmmmust complete my... objective", this was a recurring topic in their brief conversations, Its memory was damaged so the andriod would end up repeating itself from time to time
"and what is your objective?" prompted Dr Briefs. As usual the machine would remain silent, Dr Briefs could almost hear its brain ticking over, then the reply would come
"i cannot reeeemember"

-----
Although not fully repaired, as it was still missing its arm and the internal machinery could still be seen through gaps, the android was now up and around. It would help in the garden from time to time, and would accompany Dr briefs for feeding time with the animals. It seemed to enjoy their company and occasionally Tama would sit upon his shoulder rather than Dr Briefs

Another recurring topic was its eyes, these were destroyed beyond repair. Dr briefs tried to wire in some of the robotic eyes from a normal robot but all proved incompatible. Despite being blind the machine could function without the use of its eyes, never once did it trip or stumble into anything. Its other senses were keen, beyond normal human sensory perception, and its mechanical brain could also reason and predict from the other sensory inputs giving it a kind of pseudo-sight.

The andriod was also still troubled though by its lack of power supply. The energy requirements of the machine were enormous. It originally had an infinite energy core, but Dr Briefs had no idea how to go about creating one of those. Instead the machine was restricted to either having electrical cables trail along behind it, or walking around with a battery pack held under its one arm.

Bulma however was working on a solution to that.

"Hey, Andy" called Bulma. It had become sorta a nickname for Android N2, although he never referred to himself as such
"Hello, dear" the android had taken to using Dr briefs' pet names for Bulma rather then using her real name, He did it unconsciously. A couple of times they had made note of it to N2, to which he would become confused, not even realising he was using those names
"why would i call you that?" he would say "it makes no sense to designate you under such a name". They would argue on but the android would refuse to admit to using the names, even while addressing her by those names in the argument.

"you did it again" She said
"did what?" replied the android, again genuinely confused, as always
"never mind. Now dad, tell me, whose as beautiful as they are intelligent?"
"i don't know dear, you?"
"of course i am" replied Bulma. If she patted herself on the back any harder she might break a rib thought Dr briefs to himself
"what is it now dear?" he asked
"tada!" she said, holding out a cylinder shaped device that seemed to glow from within.
"this is N2's new energy core" she said, clearly very self satisfied with her work
"its not as powerful as the infinite energy core Andy's been going on about, but it'll mean he doesn't have to stay plugged in or carry one of those bulky batteries. Its a miniature generator, 50 times smaller then its energy output equivalent"
N2 smiled, Dr briefs gave a little clap
"excellent work dear, i knew you'd come through"
"yes, its hard to find such dashing beauty and cunning genius wrapped into one neat package" she said with a flick of her hair.

------
A week later with the new energy core installed N2 made an announcement
"i thank you kindly Dr and Mrs Briefs, for your help and hospitality, and you to dear" he said, looking over to bulma
"i will not forget what you have done for me. However, i cannot stay around here. I must move on now. Perhaps out there i will find out how i came to be in such disrepair, and what my objective is. It has been nagging at me this whole time and i can no longer sit idly by. I will visit from time to time, but as for now, i must go out on my own"

After much protest the matter was settled, Dr briefs had tried to reason with him, he wasn't finished yet and there was still more work to be done on him, but N2 still insisted on leaving.

The next day the android set off.
((ok, now he's ready:

STATS-
Zeny: 150
PL: 40
Strength: 18
Agility: 2
Endurance: 20
Spirit: 0

Is that all i need to do?))
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Approved!
((This is one of the most intersting roleplays here Razz keep doing a great job!!))
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: RPG :: Earth