Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How active is it here? and other stuff

3 posters

Go down

How active is it here? and other stuff Empty How active is it here? and other stuff

Post  Some_weirdGuy Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 am

Hey. I was just wondering how active it is here, and what its like?
I guess the best way to find out is to ask you guys.

So stuff like how do you play/whats the playstyle like? whats the storyline? what can you do? etc.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character
Race: Android

Back to top Go down

How active is it here? and other stuff Empty Re: How active is it here? and other stuff

Post  Korn✔ Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 am

There is no official story line yet. You just make your own story in the Dragon World.
I'll say its preety active. Usually atleast two training topic a day but recently it went up to 3-4 a day. I know because I have to read them all ^^
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

How active is it here? and other stuff Empty Re: How active is it here? and other stuff

Post  Some_weirdGuy Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:40 am

Cool. Hey, i just tried adding my signature but i don't see any signatures here, whats the deal?

How does it work with stats and stuff? is it a whole lot of mucking around with calculations and stuff?
(on another dbz RPG i didn't really join it had a bunch of stats and calculations and stuff, which i think seems a bit to much like hard work, especially when the RP'ing i'm use to is where you basically just write a story together with other people.)

edit: Never mind about the signature thing, i found the check box thing to attach it
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 am

There aren't many calculations here, only some few basic like STR - END = DMG
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valken Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 am

The hardest thing most people have with this forum is when they start off, everyone wants their character to be an almighty super saiyan, but you can't and wont become one for a while after you start. You begin with no techniques other than basic fighting skills and train up from a starting PL (power level) of 40 (PL is your stats total added together, as you can tell it's not a hard thing to get a higher PL all you have to do is stay focused when writing a story and use the words over 400 bonus to power up, just don't make it obviously only for the bonus as the story end up with a bunch of meaningless rambling, although I have to give credit for those who put in the effort of a 10,000 or more words post, whats the point in it if the story takes a beating as a result.
Valken
Valken

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 am

Are you allowed multiple characters, or just the one?

edit: also, when is this set? after dbz? during dbz?
(i'm guessing probably an 'alternate universe' of either during or after, but yeah)

also, the whole reason i like RPing is for the interaction between posters, so is this like that with people all rping together, or is it the crappy style RP where everyone goes off on their own making big posts no one reads and being so absorbed in their own little world that no interaction occurs.

?
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 am

Your can have only one but you are allowed registering another user for another character.

It happenes in an alternate universe because placing it either before or after dbz wouldn't be interesting (before all the epic battles or years after they took place) and placing it during dbz will make it impossible to ignore all the events like frieza, cell, the death of almost all Saiyans and roleplay freely.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum