Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in the desert..

2 posters

:: RPG :: New Vegeta

Go down

Back in the desert.. Empty Back in the desert..

Post  Valken Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm

A few days after leaving the small city Valken sets out in search for a good spot to do a little strength training as he crosses over a deep gully and looks around at the top of a large dune he notices the perfect spot, a small oasis with plenty of boulders and a few oddly shaped tree's that seemed to look almost like the palm trees of the planet Earth.- Great this should make for a good spot to work on increasing my strength and a nice pool of water to relax in during my breaks, couldn't ask for much better out here in this desert.- As he walked up to the small pool of water he set his pack of provisions down and began to stretch, readying himself for a good work out. The first thing he started on was a fairly large boulder, lifting it out of the ground with a grunt and tossing it into the air and began to shoot a few well placed ki beams to make a few smooth surfaces for hand holds. When the boulder now shaped to his liking started to fall he set himself under it and awaited it to come within reach, catching it with a little strain he then started to work on a few hundred crunches with it on his shoulders and once finished with them he carefully laid down own the ground a the while still holding it and began to bench press the boulder. After a few hours of had passed his arms started to feel like they were jelly and he let the boulder fall to the side and sighed in relief as his arms fell to either side of him with a thud like the were two lead weights-Heh,..heh,. guess that's that for now,.. time for a good meal and a relaxing soak in my little pool here.- With the idea of food being enough to prod him to get up he rolled over and pushed himself to his feet and walked over to his pack slowly, his arms still feeling a little numb from being pushed so far made even untying and pulling out the food a slight chore but the more he thought about a good meal the faster he seemed to regain his strength allowing him to set out one of the oddly shaped flasks he had gotten from the last town he visited and a decent pile of rations which would be enough to fill ten full grown Humans.-Well it's not the best meal but it should do,.. even if it is kind of small. I really shouldn't over do it though I don't want to run out of food before I get to the capital city, that would just make things even harder to deal with in this desert.-
With his stomach now full and the pile of bones from the meat he ate now buried so to not attract and unwelcome visitors he quickly stripped down and jumped into the water for a much deserved bit of relaxation, with the water still warm from the days sunlight and it now being dusk it made for a very peaceful hour or so of soaking. Now that he was full and his muscles no longer ached nor his own smell being too strong to bare he decides to work on his skills of flying, as he closed his eye's and concentrated on pushing the flow of ki to his feet he began to slowly wobble into the air until he got more than twenty feet from the ground and then he opened his eye's still trying to keep his concentration. Being up in the air and able to look around at his surroundings made him quite happy, as he now started to float forward and gain more momentum to fly around freely the flow of ki seemed to become easier to control with each passing minute until he started to think about random things and suddenly lost his focus and fell from the air crashing into the sand below. Cursing his own stupidity for letting his mind wander just because he had started to get the hang of the technique he pushed himself back up and brushed himself off again scoffing at his mistake, with being so far now from the oasis he decides to try and fly back into the air and get is barrings so he could again find the location of the pool of water. Looking for the oddly shaped palm trees he then spots them and flies toward them while remembering to keep his focus rather than end up crashing head long into the dirt again, once he got close enough to the oasis he started his dissent and landed only a few yards from it. Being quite late now he decides to set out his makeshift bed and get some sleep for he planned to continue his training tomorrow and vowed to better his skill of flying so that he could keep to the air without ever making that same foolish mistake again.
The next morning after packing away his bedding made up of a couple of thick blankets a sheet and a small hand made pillow that his late mother made him a year before she passed away, he started his stretching exorcises before he walked over to a pile of decent sized rocks and picked up the strongest looking four he could find and then being as careful as he could blasted a small hole through each just big enough that he could fit his hands and feet through them so that he now had some makeshift wrist and ankle weights to better his training of Bukujutsu. With his new weights on he again started to concentrate on levitating himself into the air, to his surprise even with the extra weight he seemed to be able to rise off the ground easier today than he did just the other night with no weights at all.-
Good now lets see just how fast I can move while shadow boxing with these on while in the air!-As he started to do a few combination's of punches,kicks and a couple somersault's he noticed that he was starting to get closer to the ground and forced himself to go higher into the air while attempting to continue his attacks as if fighting an invisible foe. With the most the day already being over with he glanced around and noticed that he had again wondered off from the oasis and used the trees yet again as his land mark to travel back to, once he returned to his pack which he had hidden under some broken branches from the palm trees he slid his wrist and ankle weights off and noticed that the area which he had them around had chaffed the skin nearly raw, opening his pack he pulled out a jar of some healing salve and applied it to the damaged tissue wrapping some gauze around the spots to keep sand out of them. Now done treating himself he put the lid back on the jar and placed it back in his pack, pulling free another meal for himself placing the food and flask of water back on the same rock slab he'd been using as a tray to eat off of.Once he finished his meal he then set out his bedding and quickly fell sound asleep exhausted from the day full of training.
In the morning he followed the same routine as the prior morning only this time he decided to change his training method to vision training as to allow his wounds to heal for the day.-
Alright, with breakfast now out of the way I suppose I should get back to work.Finding a nice shaded area under one of the palm trees he sits back leaning against it and begins to envision a shadowy figure to battle, with flashes here and there of him and his imaginary foe clashing with combination's of punches, kicks, elbows, knees and various ki attacks he is suddenly snapped out of his vision as his shadowy foe launched a all too well placed beam attack that slammed into his shoulder, panting slightly he mumbled.- Damn even my imagination gives me a beating,what luck..heh.-He then notices that it's already dark again and wonders just how long he was entranced in his mental fight. Shrugging in indifference to the thought of how much time he had spent he stood up and stretched his legs trying to waken them up and rid himself of the prickling feeling from sitting still too long, he then picked up his pack from next to him and walked back over to the slab of rock to set out another meal for himself. Once finished with his meal he set about another soaking in the now lukewarm water of the pool of water and pondered on how long it would take him to get to his next destination now that he was confident in his ability to use bukujutsu.-Well it will probably only take me half the time if I fly most of the way,.. huh guess I don't have to worry about running out of food now. Now that's a relief!-Feeling very relaxed he finds it easy to fall asleep while watching the night sky and remembering the tales he used to be told as a child, while he slept his mind stayed quite active until he was suddenly jolted awake by an all too vivid dream of himself as if he were another person just watching being as his body was cloaked in a fiery red energy and suddenly exploded with an outrageous amount of power.- What in the world?.. that's the last time I fall asleep while thinking about that foolish old super Saiyan tale sheesh like that kind of power really exists!-With the sky still being dark he lays back down and tries to fall back asleep only to find himself chuckling at the image in his dream.-Heh,..super Saiyan gee if only.. and like I could ever be one, pshh even if the fable were true it hasn't happened in so long it might just not even be possible anymore. - In an attempt to get his mind off of his dream and fall back asleep he started to count stars until he again drifted off and fell into a deep sleep. With the sun now shining brightly on his face he slowly starts to wake up and yawns as he stands stretching, he then grabbed his pack set out some food and had his breakfast before he packed all of his things away and started off towards the capitol city of New Vegeta, with a few quick leaps he launches into the air and begins his long flight in the general direction his map and compass indicate.Within his first hour of traveling he notices another pack of Saibaman and eager to test out his training he quickly drops in low blasting a couple of them with a few ki blasts before he lands on the ground and shoots a ki beam through another, realizing that they were all the sudden attack the remaining five Saibaman scramble to surround their attacker and just as the get into position to attack Valken launches himself into the nearest group of three kicking one square in the chest sending it flying into another and before he even touched back down on the ground sent a ki beam between the eye's of the third. Feeling very confident and more than a little cocky about his new found strength from training he starts a quick dash at the pair still standing now glancing wearily at one another the back at Valken only he wasn't there anymore. With a slight grin he mocked.- Hey, where you looking?- As they both looked up they seen that he was floating just a few feet over their heads with a hand pointed at each of them and that was the last thing either of them ever got to see, as a beam of reddish energy pierced through them both at the same time.-Now that was a little too easy I really need to find a stronger opponent to test my skills on and to think these little runts used to give me a hard time.- Now with his blood lust satisfied for the moment he jumped back into the air and continued toward the capitol city. ((Alright now that should make for all three basic techniques learned and a few more points for my stats, any constructive criticism or general comments about my post are welcome and wanted so let me know what you think about any of my posts!I think I finally get the stat stuff now but I could be wrong >.<))

-----------------------------
"10x Gravity Regular Training"
1st:STR+12
2nd:END+8
3rd:AGI+5

"Technique Learned"
Bukujutsu
"Word Bonus"
"Word count = 2083"
"Words over 400 = 1683"

-----------------------------
Zeny:186
PL:2078
STR:15+883
AGI:645+500
END:590+300
SPR:828

Last edited by Valken on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Technicalities but I do want bukujutsu,..)
Valken
Valken

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Back in the desert.. Empty Re: Back in the desert..

Post  Korn✔ Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 am

Approved!
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down