Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're dying,

+2
Ldog2010
MeredithPunk
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're dying,  Empty We're dying,

Post  MeredithPunk Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 am

Dear anyone reading this, I write this with regret and sorrow, unfortunately it has some to my attention that this is rp is dying...
I have only been a member for just over a month roughly and maybe even two, and my time has been very short lived... although my experience has been great! I’ve had lots of laughs in the chat with you all, and in many forums I’ve had a bit of giggle...
I’ve loved all the support you guys have provided, I’ve had so much praise since I arrived, it’s been so good, I thought I wouldn’t get noticed much, after seeing you guys rp, but boy was I surprised. You all rp so well too, better than me, I can’t express how much I would hate to see this forum die, its full of great stories, and characters which you have all put so much work into, although things recently have been heading downhill and still are very rapidly.
Now I’ve seen a major decrease in new users, and I believe that things will worsen, and we need a very dramatic fast acting plan that will attract more users, and help us regain popularity. If we can get this flowing, I would be over the moon! It would be great to see this brilliant rp (With great system and things) get going, get its flame black. It’s a great introduction to rp’s for beginners, and a great home for pros, trust me, one spark could ignite this place like a wildfire...
Now like I said we need a drastic plan, that happens really fast and gets everyone back, it needs to hit like instantly! We want new users to see that things move quickly this will get more people in, this is the first step we need...
ONLINE TIME
This is one of the trickiest steps, because not everyone lives in the same timezones, but if we all truly want this to go ahead we need 120 % effort. Now we need people on at least once every day, we need to get our online numbers up. Try and get on every evening, after you return from school/work. Try and write rp’s whenever you have time, post them up ASAP! We want users to be reading our rp’s and seeing we have such potential, this will attract pros and more experienced users, which results in a high quality rp...

STAFF INCREASE
The next big step, I have noticed that things take a while to be approved, and its quite tiring on the user to have to wait even a day... we need at least 1,2 or even 3 more mods, this would mean a new user would almost always be able to get his post approved within half a day... Because I understand Korn has things going on, and so do all of us, but I have plenty of spare time, and the faster things get approved, means the sooner people can post, meaning more posts, meaning more people join due to activity... also maybe a mod for each planet? (Also a staff only forum)

EVENTS
The next thing we need to do is get some events running, we need to have some events running on each planet, get some sagas, so now people when they run out of things to rp, they can always revert back to the current saga and then interact with other users, and the more they interact the better things get rolling, and more friends they gain, thus bringing us all together...

RACES
This is not a must have, simply something that is barely needed, but maybe we need some more races, because saiyan’s are way to popular, and when you ask people what would they choose out of Namekian/Saiyan/Android/Human they are mostly attracted to Saiyan, we need like some more races, broadening everyone’s perspectives, thus this would also need a staff increase, to cater for everyone.

ADVERTISING
We also need to get the word out, on any other forum you can, put a link to the rp, and on any chat websites put a link. When talking to your friends, give them the link. We need to get the word out there, ASAP, Vote for us on topsites!

FINISH
As you can see, things will need to move very fast, and these ideas could use some tweaking, so lets have some opinions and hopefully get this thing started again?!

Last edited by MeredithPunk on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

We're dying,  Empty Re: We're dying,

Post  Ldog2010 Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:19 am

You know I have been on every day since I joined. And trust me it has been worse than this. Also mods for some reason can't edit stats. I'm pretty sure that's being looked at.

Ldog2010

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 am

Ok maybe it has been worse, but we should be focusing on getting things better, not discussing how bads its been, try and post more constructive things, thats more of what I was looking for...
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 am

Well why not bring people then? Vote for us on topsites? Spread the word!
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion Korn, will add that on! Very Happy
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:22 pm

you ever thought of going into politics meredith? you'd make a great spin doctor Razz

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 am

Hmm maybe,
Maybe when I know what a spin doctor is?!

(Dw Im good now, actually I plan to be an artist like in music and stuff, a synth pop/rock band)
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm

a spin doctor is kinda slang for someone who cooks up stories for the press and for publicity and makes bad stuff like scandals and such look better than they actually are
basically they pull the wool over people's eyes Razz

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Hmm, yeah I know now Razz

Has anyone actually taken any of these steps that I have stated above?
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  ssj3 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

I remember it was much worse the last time the rpg was dying. No panic, yet.
IMO this site needs advertisement. With an improved advertisement and luck, the member count
would jump to 1,000 in a matter of months!
ssj3
ssj3

Character
PL: 1684

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 am

ssj3 wrote:I remember it was much worse the last time the rpg was dying. No panic, yet.
IMO this site needs advertisement. With an improved advertisement and luck, the member count
would jump to 1,000 in a matter of months!

Hmm yeah, don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind rping with 1000 peeps in about a months time..
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  ssj3 Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

The only problem all 1,000 would be Saiyans, or at least 80% of them.
ssj3
ssj3

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ldog2010 Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Exactly! We should put a cap on saiyans. Or mabey destroy vegeta so no more saiyans may be created exept for the ones that allready exist.

Ldog2010

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 pm

HAHA, I love that idea, but still that could easily backfire, after people see saiyans aren't avaliable, they could lose interest in the site. But I love the explosion idea!
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  ssj3 Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:04 am

Maybe transfer the rpg into a timeline where all saiyans are gone, but their human descendants have a small amount of saiyan blood, just like Goku jr?
ssj3
ssj3

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 am

I like it, but it could use some tweaking, althoug I dont have any personal tips to add to it, its a great basline which we can work from!
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 am

maybe we should make saiyan an 'achievement' give people something to aim for, if they rp well for a while and one of the mods/korn thinks its time they can be given the option to carry on their character or turn it in for a saiyan if there's so bent on getting one (obviously the saiyan wouldnt start off fresh in terms of stats but the stats would be reduced, maybe anywhere between half to three quarters of the previous character's stats)

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:21 am

Its a great idea but all seems a bit awkward...
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:16 pm

of course its akward, its a very rough and new idea thats why

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:48 am

Maybe we should have like a beginning "evaluation test"
which new users must participate in, so like if they pass they can be a True full blooded saiyan. And if they dont they can only be a half saiyan. This only applies if they want to be saiyans of course. And maybe we could have it so that saiyan accomplishments come sooner to full blooded saiyans. So for example, Full Saiyans reach SSJ at 100,000 while Half Saiyans at 150,000?

Just an idea..
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  ssj3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 am

I like that idea, if you are a good roleplayer you deserve to be a saiyan.
Although half saiyans can reach super saiyan easier because they have human emotions.
Maybe as a full blooded it would take 150,000 and as a half saiyan 100,000.

It could require a starting roleplay of at least 5,000 words to become a saiyan.

Also, maybe add demons, bio androids, devils (or makyo-jins), aliens, and some sort of a hybrid race where the player can big 2 races to get advantages and disadvantages.
ssj3
ssj3

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:13 am

Honestly not to be rude, but I totally disagree :\
I think the true saiyans should get it sooner, ignoring all the basics, because we are rewarding them for good rp, and lets face it, us good rpers dont want to be wandering around amongst some half assed super saiyan noobs, whose powerlevel is like 10 times ours...
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  ssj3 Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 am

Lol I can see the point now Razz
ssj3
ssj3

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 pm

technically i dont think the half saiyans could become super saiyans easier, i think its more a matter that their parents were stronger when they had the kids
like gohan was born when goku wasnt very strong but still much stronger than he was as a kid so gohan was born stronger than goku was during his childhood
and when goten and trunks were born both goku and vegeta were super saiyans (or was vegeta not quite a super saiyan yet i forget) so it was easy for them to get to super saiyan since their dads were already there
i know i didnt explain that well but maybe you can see where i was going with that, the bottom line being that i think the only reason the kids were so strong is because the dads were so strong

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  MeredithPunk Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 am

But Aurzel, if you naturally have a fat build, and then work out and get fit, and then have kids, your kids will be fat and chunky because its genetics. It all matters about genetics, sure its possible that Gohan, Goten and Trunk were so strong because their dad's had such huge power which was yet to be unlocked, and maybe it was genetics that they have an easier time unlocking it. Personnally it doesn't matter how you are at the time, its how you were born.
MeredithPunk
MeredithPunk

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum