Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is GT canon?

2 posters

Go down

Is GT canon? Empty Is GT canon?

Post  Aurzel Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 pm

like the title says, is dragon ball GT considered canon on this site?
since different people have their own ideas on whether it is or isnt, like is there a super saiyan 4 or not, will the dragon balls become cracked and evil if they're overused, stuff like that

Aurzel

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Is GT canon? Empty Re: Is GT canon?

Post  ssj3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 am

DBGT isn't canon in my opinion, Akira Toriyama drew only some characters for it. And the fact that Goku was turned into a kid was stupid, the only reason for that was that Goku was too old. Vegeta was a couple years older than Goku, why didn't they turn him into a child. lol!

About the super saiyan 4 I think the red fur and magic pants are too
much. They could have done a better ssj4 by making a gold hair ssj4 with those intimidating eyes and normal clothing. IMO the ssj4 is just an another saiyan evolution, not necessarily a super saiyan level, but the power of that form is outstanding.
ssj3
ssj3

Character
PL: 1684

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:32 pm

well as i see it ssj4 isnt really a super saiyan, since it's obtained by harnessing the power of the gold giant ape, so really its another form of the ape line than the super saiyan line, plus he looks like a half ape and his hair didnt turn gold (i did like vegeta's reaction to bulma's little comment that she thought vegeta might be able to get to a super saiyan 5, wonder what that would be lol)

i hated goku being changed into a kid too, pretty stupid, but he did have his moments as a kid i'll give it that but your explanation about goku getting too old doesnt wash with me, like vegeta says, saiyans retain their youth for longer than humans and this length of time hasnt been specified, it's entirely possible that saiyans live much longer than humans, they could be young for decades

i can see what you're saying about akira toriyama not having been a part of GT but that doesnt necessarily exclude the GT series from canon, it just makes it a crappy sequel XD

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down