Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The System

3 posters

Go down

The System Empty The System

Post  Korn✔ Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:31 am

What do you think about the system so far?
Any suggestions?

*I think I should make masters give precentages instead of points when you train under them. Like instead of getting +7 to all stats you will get +7% of what you gained in that training. Though that will make people over powered when they get +500 to STR and +35 more so maybe I should tone down the training bonuses themselves? Maybe you can't get more the +700 points from extra words?

*Do you think I should add more plantes? Or should I add small planets in a form of a quest? Like instead of having a forum for the planet Arlia, there will be a few quests avalible in North Galaxy.

*Should I add uniqe items like Nimbus and Dark Nimbus which can only be held by 1 user at a time? Could they be stolen?

*Should I add the option to either be a kid or a grownup? What could be the advanteges? Maybe a kid will die only the second time his HP drops to 0 so after a fight even if his opponent kills him he will still be alive and only the second time he fights and dies he will be sent to the Other World and after he comes back again he will die only the second time but they won't be able to use certain items like Alcohol Flask.

*Shoul I add an option to create a planet? Maybe for a sum of 10,000 Zeny you could buy a planet and have a forum or a thread created inside North Galaxy. You could upgrade you're population and choose it's type (Medivel Kingdom, Futuristic Empire, Tribal..), create an army and conqure other planets to get money, items and the planets.

Discuss
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

The System Empty My personal opinions, meh, something to think about.

Post  Nail Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 am

Hey, new to the forum and I have an opinion on these topics...already, haha.

1) I personally love the system. It gives a more interactive feel than most of the other forums.

2) I also like the point system. Precentages would just make things a little more complicated for Admin and Mods. Just my opinion though.

3) Yes, both, big planets that can be lived or trained on and small planets that can have mini missions or something like that. Maybe even make more galaxies too.

4) What would be the purpose of the nimbus clouds? You don't travel to different parts of a planet(unless you added a "Points of Interests" on each planet, that could be fun).

5) I think that if a person chooses to be a child or adult in their RP it should be left at that and if they are a child they could age in RP maybe.

6) I like the idea of being able to create planets, but you could call it "saving" or "conquering" a planet and let the RPers describe the details of the planet and what they had to go through when they save or conquer it. Also, you would need a spaceship and money to get there and after you describe what you did to earn that planet, then you could post training, stores, etc. with the Admin or Mods approvals.

Hope I was a little helpful. Love the site, keep it up!
Nail
Nail

Character

Back to top Go down

The System Empty Re: The System

Post  Korn✔ Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 am

Nail wrote:Hey, new to the forum and I have an opinion on these topics...already, haha.

1) I personally love the system. It gives a more interactive feel than most of the other forums.

2) I also like the point system. Precentages would just make things a little more complicated for Admin and Mods. Just my opinion though.

3) Yes, both, big planets that can be lived or trained on and small planets that can have mini missions or something like that. Maybe even make more galaxies too.

4) What would be the purpose of the nimbus clouds? You don't travel to different parts of a planet(unless you added a "Points of Interests" on each planet, that could be fun).

5) I think that if a person chooses to be a child or adult in their RP it should be left at that and if they are a child they could age in RP maybe.

6) I like the idea of being able to create planets, but you could call it "saving" or "conquering" a planet and let the RPers describe the details of the planet and what they had to go through when they save or conquer it. Also, you would need a spaceship and money to get there and after you describe what you did to earn that planet, then you could post training, stores, etc. with the Admin or Mods approvals.

Hope I was a little helpful. Love the site, keep it up!

1) & 2) So no precentage, right? Razz But what about making the bonuses bigger? smaller?

3) I meant instea of making another forum for Arlia, it will just be one of the quests in the North Galaxy. Like you have quests on Earth and Namek, you'll have quests in North Galaxy that involve all the planets that don't exist as a forum.

4) Nimbus could give bonuses like +500 AGI in battle. We could also have items like the Bansho Fan that can add other stats.

5) Ehh never mind then. If it's only rp and without any real bonuses it could be left as it is.

6) Well I guess at some point in the RPG you could conquer earth for example. You'll have to post a long roleplay, perhaps 25 posts? And anyone could come in and interfere by challanging you to a battle and killing you, those making it impossible for you to conqure Razz

But what I meant is you could also create your own planets by "buying" them and paying a large amount. Then you have a sticky thread in North Galaxy where people could travel to.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nail Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 am

1) & 2) You could make more bonuses for harder quest or training.

3) That would work and be cool

4) Ok, I didn't know what you were intending on doing with the clouds, but if it gives a big boost in stats it should be temporary in battles.

6) I like that idea.

Can't wait to start playing hope it stays around for a long time.
Nail
Nail

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurzel Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

If I might venture an opinion:
you could make the master bonus using an equation as simple as square routing the skill

e.g. 10 STR: route of 10 = rounded to 3 point
100 STR: route of 100 = 10 points

this way it doesnt matter how high the stat is, the gain will always be significant, also as the stat increases while the number of points gained also increases, the percentage of points gained decreases, in the example above 30% is gained for 10 STR as opposed to 10% for 100 STR
This could represent the fact that as a character gets stronger, there's less and less the master can instruct the character on and therefore will gain less from the master's teachings

as for the extra words part, there should definately be a limit on them so that someone cant get 10 000 points by writing an epic story (though such a story would probably be fun to read) maybe limit to a % so you cant gain more than say 20% of your current points in extra words, though that might be unfair for newer people
(also points shouldnt be given by every additional word but preferably every 10 or 20 words.)

As for the planets I think the four are more than enough, at least until you get more members, as it is it seems a bit thinly spread and besides it seems just earth and vegeta are populated for now

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down