Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When can we?

4 posters

Go down

When can we? Empty When can we?

Post  Pineapple24 Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 am

When can we expect the first saga to take place? And upon the saga will that be when the Dragonballs are introduced?
Pineapple24
Pineapple24

Character
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

When can we? Empty Re: When can we?

Post  Korn✔ Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Nothing is 100% sure yet but there will be some new things intorduced.
First of all it will revolve around an alien tyrant that rules over dozens of solar systems with his empire. The stories of him traveled light years and people all over the universe fear his name. He will have 5 close henchmen and will travel with his army over to our galaxy in the search for the dragon balls of Namek and Earth, trying to destroy even Vegeta in the way. Possible name for him is Rannod and his henchmen are: Trops, Steg, Brach, Galo and Ancho. All are simmilar in look to reptiles and have name puns of dinosaurs.
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character
Race: Saiyan

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple24 Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Suuweeet.
Pineapple24
Pineapple24

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:55 am

Pineapple24 wrote:Suuweeet.
Yeah. I did some sketches today of Rannod and he came up preety badass. Too bad I don't have a scanner =\ I did one of his henchmen as well. He came up like a thiner mounsterous version of Vegeta
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valken Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Sounds cool so far, how will it work for an rp? Each person does their own thing such as quests work or will it be different?
Valken
Valken

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 pm

There will be a topic for it, probably in the North Galaxy and any one who will want to take part will post an OOC message there. The max number of people taking part is 20 so for now there is enough place for every one. Then you'll just roleplay in the thread untill the saga ends. Then every one will get a sweet bonus for taking part ^^
You can also join forces with others as long as it is possible. If you'r from earth and he is on Namek then there is no chance you'll meet unless you found a way to get there.

BTW you CAN die and stuff
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 am

:/ i was actually kinda looking forward to fighting the likes of frieza and the androids and stuff. Not an exact copy of dbz's storyline mind you, but being set in the same world i was hoping to see some old faces return and get to play through some variations of dbz's storyline.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character
Race: Android

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 am

Well even if you had the chance you were probably slaughtered by him XD
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valken Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 am

Well I'm planning on getting a space ship so I can travel, wish they didn't cost so much though especially with there being no other way to gain zeny than to do quests makes it rather hard to buy the stuff you want even if you were to do a bunch of quest stuff because of how low the reward is zeny wise >.< maybe we can have some sort of tournament thing for a prize and some zeny Question
Valken
Valken

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Pineapple24 Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah I need my buddy Valken on earth!!
Pineapple24
Pineapple24

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 am

Soon zenies will be easier to get Razz
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 am

Well even if you had the chance you were probably slaughtered by him XD

We can fight him when we're stronger so that he doesn't just slaughter everyone Wink

I still want to see dbz characters make appearances. You could have your own made up characters show up, as well as real characters from the series and movies.
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 am

The problem is, I then need to think through the story of the character making apearance. If Frieza will apear I need to decide if he did destroy planet Vegeta and the current is a new one or the events were different and he is alot weaker. This kind of details will build a certain background to the RPG which I want to avoid
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:05 pm

building backgrounds is good. Why would you not want to build backgrounds? It helps us both storyline wise and with our own characters if you make backgrounds.

And Seen as this is set in an alternate DBZ timeline you could have a few different options with the saiyans:
1) saiyans still work under frieza
2) saiyans never met frieza
2.5) Perhaps if you did it this way you could have it that Saiyans never left the planet Saiya (apparently thats the name of their original planet, as planet Vegeta was actually the tuffle's planet where they fled to and eventually conquered.)
3) saiyans were destroyed by frieza but survivors founded a new planet

I actually like option 2.5, as it also helps explain why frieza never encountered them, and also nicely allows for the tuffles inclusion in the RPG
(also opening up options for the tuffles, like do they work for frieza? Were they destroyed by frieza and fled to a new planet? or were they left untouched?)
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 am

I remember you saying you wanted to maybe start on a smaller scale saga first, making the suggestion of some of Dr gero's earlier androids showing up. I would suggest that they be anywhere from android 9 to android 12 (i can't remember the exact number but i remember you suggesting ones of much earlier model showing up instead)

Depending on how many you want it could be 9, 10, 11 and 12 that show up, or you could just have two of them appear or whatever.

Just cause having them be the really early androids doesn't quite fit right, chronologically it would be more fitting to have them in the range i mentioned above seen as this is alternate dbz time, and andriod 8 was in the original (pre-dbz) dragon ball meaning the ones now should atleast be later then 8 (also considering that I've set my character N2 up as a prototype android 14)
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Korn✔ Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 am

Some_weirdGuy wrote:I remember you saying you wanted to maybe start on a smaller scale saga first, making the suggestion of some of Dr gero's earlier androids showing up. I would suggest that they be anywhere from android 9 to android 12 (i can't remember the exact number but i remember you suggesting ones of much earlier model showing up instead)

Depending on how many you want it could be 9, 10, 11 and 12 that show up, or you could just have two of them appear or whatever.

Just cause having them be the really early androids doesn't quite fit right, chronologically it would be more fitting to have them in the range i mentioned above seen as this is alternate dbz time, and andriod 8 was in the original (pre-dbz) dragon ball meaning the ones now should atleast be later then 8 (also considering that I've set my character N2 up as a prototype android 14)
His number is 4 and the point is he will be as strong as later androids but he was a failed experiment because his anger issues lol
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Some_weirdGuy Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:05 am

The fourth android of gero's would be weak by dbz standards, by "he will be as strong as later androids" i certainly hope you don't mean like the androids from dbz, who were more powerful than super sayians, as thats just stupidly overpowered. To be reasonable they would be around original dragon ball level strengths. All his early models were weak and flawed, it says so in the official thingy. It would be unreasonable to have an early model be stronger than, and the highest, android 8. I would hope that you also don't plan on just having the single android.

At least have it be androids 4, 5, 6 and 7. Mainly because that gives an opportunity for more people to fight, and also cause together they would be more of a challenge then having just a single android (also making it more reasonable for them power wise).

However considering we are already around saiyan saga dbz power levels, I suggest you change them to be later model androids(you don't have to change your android 4 character at all other than his name).

Generally gero's androids became stronger the later they were (which makes sense). Considering android 13, 14 and 15 were around ssj level(far above our guys in strength), I'd say these androids could be around 6 to 12 to be reasonably powered for us.

(depending on the jump in strength between models. Remembering major metallitron, who can be assumed to be one of the early number androids, was defeated by kid goku, who by dbz standards is pitifully weak. I have no idea how strong 8 is suppose to be, so my suggestion my be off depending on how weak or strong he is, but my guess is he's definitely weaker than raditz, and some of us are about the same strength as raditz, others stronger again.)
Some_weirdGuy
Some_weirdGuy

Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum