Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk

2 posters

:: RPG :: New Vegeta

Go down

Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk Empty Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk

Post  Aurzel Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Two Days Later

It hadn't taken long for Aurzel to realise that if he wanted pretty much anything except the bare necessities, he'd have to earn some money. Food and lodging were free for all saiyan warriors and any family they might have, which covered most of the populace, the rest made a good living staying on planet vegeta and could afford to pay their way regardless. Every time Aurzel went out he saw something or other he'd like to get, some little luxury or aid and he was getting fed up of going without. He didn't even have proper clothes, just a couple of outfits he'd been given when he'd arrived. He was contemplating this when he left a shop and walked down the street. There were all manner of vehicles wizzing by but he'd never be able to afford anything like that any time soon, besides he preffered to walk; or fly. He noticed how few people were doing either, he supposed people got lazy when they got older, he wondered if he'd be like that one day. He shook the thought form his head and continued down the street.
"Step right up and win a thousand zenni!" A voice called out from the alley Aurzel was passing, "All you gotta do is last five minutes against lightning Brutz here!"
Aurzel wandered over curious at the mention of so much prize money. He had to push through a small crowd that had gathered before he could see what was going on. The crowd had formed a ring around three people.
"Do we have any takers? Come on surely one of you can go five minutes! Are you in sir?" the man at side was the one speaking, he was talking to another who'd just walked into the ring, he looked quite bulky, like he worked out a lot but he also seemed to be rather clumsy from the way he walked. "Yeah put me down," he said in a burly, rough voice.
"This gentleman here is taking the challenge!" the first man annouced loudly before speaking in a more conversational tone, "Do you have the hundred zenni fee, in case you lose you know, but a big guy like you I'm sure will do fine."
"I got it," the large man said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a fistful of notes before tucking them back away.
"Looks like we got ourselves a fight ladies and gentlemen, take your positions at the corner, when you hear the bell you got to keep on your feet for five minutes, got it?"
"No problem," the challenger said taking a corner.
"You good to go Brutz?" the annoucer asked the third man.
"Double today's fee says I can take him down in less than a minute," the fighter, Brutz, said to the annoucer.
"You're on," he replied before calling out, "Let the fight begin!" He smacked some scrawny guy on the back of the head who cried out, "AHH!"

Brutz moved first, he rushed forward and feinted to his left before kicking with his right. The large challenger blocked both blows, showing some fighting skills in the way he dealt with the blows and counter attacked. Brutz jumped back to avoid a heavy two handed strike, landing a solid blow to the challenger's side. The man cried out but he didn't fall, instead he sweapt Brutz' feet out from under him with a quick kick. Brutz landed hard on his back a couple of feet back and looked up at the annoucer.
"How my doin' on time?" Brutz asked.
"Deal's off in less than twenty seconds," the annoucer replied. Brutz jumped to his feet faster than seemed possible and leveled the challenger with a sharp kick to the chest. He fell was sent back towards the crowd, which quickly parted to allow the big guy to hit the wall behind them. The force dented the metal as he slid to the ground. He was managed to get to his feet again though just barely and, in what seemed to be a blind rage, charged straight at Brutz. He barrelled towards Brutz at quite a speed but Brutz wasn't phased. He waited till the last moment before leaping up over the charging man and landed a heavy blow to his back, knocking him to the ground. The annoucer looked down at the man for a moment, looking to see if he'd get up but there was no movement.
"Lightning Brutz is the winner!" the annoucer called out and then quickly began rifling through the challenger's pockets. "Heh, the loser's never want to pay up!" he quipped. The crowd laughed along side him, not realising that the unconcious man had just been robbed of everything he had on him, not just the hundred zenni.
"Do we have any volunteeres to clear this mess up? Ten zenni to our first volunteer!"
Several people jostled to get in front till eventually there were four or five people at the front. The annoucer handed two of them a couple of notes and they happily dragged off the big man, still quite unconscious.
"So who will be lightning Brutz' next challenger? This guy is quite a mean fighter, but I guarantee he's not unbeatable! Anyone care to try their hand!"
"I'll do it," everyone turned to look as a kid walked into the ring. There were a few mutterings, not to mention a few laughs too.
"I'll fight this guy," Aurzel said producing the hundred zenni to show to the annoucer before tucking it back into his pocket.

Aurzel stood opposite Brutz, sizing him up. "So are we fighing or not?"
"Give me a break, you're just a kid," Brutz laughed and turned around to look at the crowd.
"You boys going to let a kid fight me? Have all the men gotten too scared?!" he goaded the crowd till a man stepped forward.
"Fine bring it on," he declared.
"Excuse me," Aurzel said, "I believe I was here first, you can have your turn after, if he's still up to it."
"W-eheh-ell you heard that ladies and gentlemen, the kid thinks he can take on Brutz here, what do you say we see what he's got?" the annoucer couldn't help thinking it was like taking candy from a baby, Brutz could probably lay him out in one punch.
Aurzel couldn't help but feel a little bit like he'd gotten himself in over his head, but after watching the man fight he felt he had a reasonable chance he could win. The man was fast, he demonstrated that when he delivered the last blow in the previous fight, but Aurzel tracked him fine, he figured he'd be able to keep up now.
"Are you ready then kid?" the annoucer asked as he nodded to Brutz to take up his starting position. Aurzel nodded and the annoucer smacked the same scrawny man in the back of the head, who promptly yelled, "AHH!"
Brutz stood there watching, Aurzel wondered what he was doing. He'd expected Brutz to charge in like before but he just stood there. Aurzel kept his guard up, expecting some sort of trick of quick movement.
"Tell ya what kid, I'll let you get in the first hit," Brutz said, he still wasn't on his guard, just standing there.
Aurzel doubted the man would let him get a free hit, but then being so young he probably wasn't being taken seriously. Aurzel moved a bit closer, careful to keep his guard up.
"Come on kid, I don't bite, unless it's a street fight," he laughed and some of the crowd laughed with him. Brutz seemed to be losing his patience though and his smile began to fade away as he watched Aurzel, "Any day now kid."
Aurzel thought, well if they're going to treat me like a kid, boy am I going to sucker punch that guy. He through himself at Brutz, running at quite a speed and taking Brutz by suprise as he slammed a fist right into the man's stomach. Brutz doubled over, winded from the blow. He started coughing a few times before he could get his breath back. Meanwhile Aurzel stood back, watching the man struggled. After a few moments Brutz regained his composure and looked up at Aurzel, his eyes twin slits as he eyed the suprisingly strong boy in front of him.
"Well you said I get the first punch," Aurzel said, grinning.
"You little runt, you'll regret that!" Bruntz growled as he charged at Aurzel. Brutz swung a hard right punch but it was clumsy and filled with rage. Aurzel ducked under it quite easily but got caught by a quick left with knocked him back a few steps.
"If you play with the big boys you're going to get hurt," Bruntz goaded before running at Aurzel again. This time Aurzel was ready, he raised his arm, just about blocking the right and kicked bruntz hard before he could use his left. Brutz was flung onto his back and Aurzel slowly lowered his foot before saying, "That's fine with me." Quickly Aurzel seized his advantage jumped into the air, his momentum carrying him over Brutz' head and landing behind him. Brutz ducked to avoid a quick kick and blocked the second with his own leg. The force knocked them both back for a second before they both charged at each other again. Aurzel's small stature gave him a bit of an advantage, being harder to hit as they exchanged blows. There was a fierce clash as each punch and kick was blocked with expert precision. It seemed this Brutz was more than he'd let on. Between blows Aurzel began to think he'd bit off more than he could chew. He was also quite determined though and with an unexpected side step he caught Brutz off guard and was able to land a quick blow to his side. Brutz stumbled a little from the blow, giving Aurzel enough time for a second but before he could do anything else Brutz was on top of him with a sharp left. Aurzel fell to the ground and Brutz was on top of him, pummelling him as Aurzel tried to protect himself with his raised arms. There was no way he could block everything from such a disadvantaged position though and several of Brutz' punched hit and began bruising his face and ribs. Aurzel began to see red and before he knew it, he was releasing his energy. A ki blast knocked Brutz flying into the air. Aurzel leapt up there after him and began doing his own pummelling. He landed several blows before he slammed his elbow into Brutz, sending him crashing back to the ground. Aurzel landed deftly and brought himself back into a defensive stance as he waited to see if Brutz would be getting back up. As he waited he could hear mutterings amongst the crowd but he paid them no mind. All his attention was on the pit Brutz' landing had buried him in. There was a small groan and a hushed silence as the crowd held their breath, waiting to see if Brutz was still in the game. It wasn't long before Brutz was back on his feet. Everyone could tell he was done though. He stood hunched over, clutching a battered, bloody arm, his face a mess and his clothes torn. A few of his teeth were even missing but Brutz didn't seem to noticed. He just stared down Aurzel and began stumbling towards him.
"Is that all you got huh? Come on bring it on kid, show me the pain. Where's all that hurt you promised me. Show me what you got, come on kid."
Aurzel swung at Brutz' face and knocked him back down where he promptly passed out.
The crowd was quiet as they tried to process what had just happened. What felt like an hour later a few of them began to cheer and very quickly it caught on till the whole crowd was cheering. Aurzel walked proudly over to the annoucer and took the thousand zenni out of the man's hand while he stood their open mouthed, he couldn't believe his eyes that someone had actually beaten Brutz, and a kid from out of no where no less.

Aurzel didn't care about any of that, he left the alley gleefully counting his winnings and thinking about what to buy with them. He left the alley and began walking home, deciding it was best to get cleaned up and he couldnt wait to take a hot shower and have a lie down. The fight had taken a lot out of him and he didn't feel like he could be bothered to fly.
"Nice fight," someone said from behind.
"Yeah it was pretty tough though," Aurzel turning around. Before he could realise what was going on though someone punched him in the stomach. Aurzel doubled over in pain trying to get his breath back.
"What's a kid like you going to do with all that money?" the one who'd spoken to him said, snatching the thousand zenni out of his hand.
"Hey give that back, I won it fair and square!" Aurzel shouted.
"And we're just taking it fair and square, right boys?" he nodded to the others with him. Two men grabbed Aurzel, one by each arm and hauled him into an alley.
"Now you won't be telling anyone about out little chat will you," he said as Aurzel was held up against a wall.
"Go to hell!" Aurzel shouted back.
"Wrong answer," one of the guys punched him in the stomach again. Aurzel doubled over again but this time he yanked his arms free of the men's grip. He leveled one with a round house kick and punched the other. A third came charging at him but Aurzel quickly launched a series of ki blasts, sending the attacker flying back into the wall as the blasts detonated over him. He wasn't prepared though as the first two attacked him again and began beating him up. Aurzel was far too weak to fight back as they pummelled him senseless. Aurzel curled up into a ball to try to protect himself as they kicked and stomped on him until they were told to stop.
The man knelt beside him before speaking again, "Perhaps you want to rethink your answer."
Aurzel was in too much pain to speak but refused to cry out either, he just bit his lip and beared it.
"That's what I like to hear, come on boys lets go," with that all four of them left the alley, leaving Aurzel alone and unable to move.

A few minutes after the thugs left Aurzel heard footsteps coming towards him, he was in too much pain to find out he it was though, he just kept his eyes tight shut and hoped who ever it was wouldn't do anything to him.
The footsteps stopped and a voice said, "Eat this kid, it'll help." Aurzel didn't know what to do but he felt something small pushed between he slightly parted lips. He tried his best to chew on what ever the man had given him. It was the hardest thing he'd ever had to swallow as the motion made pain flare up all over his body.
"How do you feel?"
Aurzel felt the pain begin to ebb slightly, the more and more so till he felt the stinging bruises begin to feel a little better too. Soon he opened his eyes and looked up to see a young man standing over him. He couldn't have been much older than Aurzel, maybe a teenager.
"What was that?" Aurzel asked.
He chuckled, "A sensu bean, they heal people up good as new."
Aurzel tried to get up but found it difficult, he settled for sitting up, propped up against the wall, "Sorry, I don't have much, I can't afford to pay you for your kindness."
The young man grinned and offered a hand to help Aurzel to his feet, "Kindness is its own reward, but since you mentioned it, I do have something on my mind."
"What is it?" Aurzel groaned as he ws helped up. He could still feel all the pains but hey were dull now.
"I saw your fight, that Brutz is quite a competent fighter, but you managed to take him on and even had enough strength left to give those thugs a fight."
"Some fight, they knocked me out pretty quick."
"There were three of them on you, I've rarely seen someone stand up to those kinds of odds much less fight back."
"Where did it get me though, they still took my money."
"If it's money you're needing, that leads me back to my little idea. I might have a job for a guy like you."
"What kind of job?" Aurzel couldn't help a bit of excitement creeping into his voice but he was also weary.
"Oh lets leave that for now, I'll be in contact with you in a little while, till then, take this to tide you over till then, think of it as a signing on bonus." The man gave Aurzel a few notes and began walking away.
"Wait, I didn't catch your name," Aurzel called after him.
"And you never will," he replied over his shoulder without breaking stride.
A lot of things went through Aurzel's mind as he headed home, what had happened, what he might have just inadvertantly signed up for, but more than anything, he though about the bed waiting for him at home.

Words: 2873

Job gained: Punk

Zenni gained: 1973

Stats Gained:
+40 STR
+20 END
+5 AGI
+5 SPR

Aurzel

Character
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk Empty Re: Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk

Post  Aurzel Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm

((In complete dragonball tradition we have the scammers getting beaten by some random person!
OK I might have gone a bit overboard but it was such a fight, i love writing fights Very Happy))

Aurzel

Character

Back to top Go down

Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk Empty Re: Aurzel: Life's Tough In The City Punk

Post  Korn✔ Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Approved!
((1873 Z gained))
Korn✔
Korn✔
Admin

Character

http://dragonballrp.dbzaddict.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down